Mercury rules communication, travel, technology and the legal system. When Mercury is in retrograde, these areas of life are at their absolute weakest point. It is the absence of Mercurial Energy that is the cause of these problems. In other words, there is nothing about this perfectly normal astrological event that you should be banishing. Instead, you should be INCREASING Mercurial energies.
Everyone is impacted by Mercury Retrograde to varying degrees, all based on the position of Mercury in your natal chart at the moment you were born. Having a natal chart reading with an experienced astrologer will help you understand Mercury's importance in your life and how it will impact you during its retrograde.
For the majority of people (myself included), Mercury Retrograde is a very unpleasant time. Between constant technical difficulties, miscommunication and change of travel plans, these are the most unproductive stretches of time throughout the year. Because of this, I am an avid practitioner of Mercury Retrograde Rituals to ease the impact of these astrological events.
What To Avoid During Mercury Retrograde:
- International travel, particularly to conflict-stricken countries. Now is not the time for extreme cultural contrast.
- Confrontations and difficult conversations. Keep the drama or special requests to a bare minimum.
- Do not ask for a raise, do not go to couples counseling and do not try to solve problems with family members. Communication will be at its weakest point until a week after Mercury Retrograde.
- Do not file important paperwork. Do not file your taxes (or even prepare paperwork), do not file divorce papers and do not sign important documents.
- Avoid large purchases, such as homes or cars. And if you must, please triple-check all contracts!
- Medical treatments are safe during this time, but be prepared for scheduling delays.
- Clerical errors are extremely common during this time, so verify (and re-verify) your prescriptions to make sure you were prescribed the correct product and dosage!
What Makes This Mercury Retrograde Great:
- Those stuck in a creative rut will find their major breakthroughs! It does not matter if you are a professional artist or an avid scrapbooker, your ideas will take on new meaning.
- Visionaries and those working for the greater good will be positively impacted by this energetic influence, as the ideas that once seemed impossible are now able to fully manifest.
- The synchronicities experienced within the next 4 weeks will be important stepping stones for personal growth and creative fulfillment.
- If you are an entrepreneur and have been looking to start a "good karma" business that gives back to the world, pay close attention to the random thoughts that enter your mind during this transit. Those who are open to "outside the box" ideas will greatly benefit. Start something that matters!
- Want to increase these positive creative energies? Visit museums, art galleries and bookstores. The energies of places that hold within a great amount of personal expression and physical creation will positively impact you. You will notice you yourself will begin to grow creative skills.
This is a pretty special Mercury Retrograde. I hope you properly prepared to bypass the negative aspects so you can enjoy the positive aspects, but if not, I suggest you prepare for the following Mercury Retrogrades of 2019:
The second Mercury Retrograde of 2019 begins with the pre-shadow on June 20, 2019
- Mercury goes Retrograde in Leo on July 7, 2019
- Mercury goes direct on July 31st/August 1, 2019 (depending on where you are on Earth)
- Mercury ends the Post-Shadow on August 15, 2019
The final Mercury Retrograde of 2019 begins the pre-shadow on October 11, 2019
- Mercury goes Retrograde on Samhain night of October 31, 2019
- Mercury goes direct on November 20, 2019
- Mercury ends the post-shadow on December 7, 2019
Wishing you a smooth & creative Mercury Retrograde!
Love & Magick,