You Will Need:
- Prepare an offering of food or drink that would be most enjoyed by the particular ancestral spirit. Perhaps glass of Barbera for your Italian grandfather, a slice of Dulce de Leche cake for your Argentinian grandmother or a Cuban cigar for your jolly uncle. If you would prefer doing a general ancestral ritual, simply use a glass of dry red wine.
- Pen and paper.
- If contacting a specific deceased family member, place a copy of their photograph on your ritual table.
- If your ritual is for general ancestors and not a specific person, create an alternative ancestral too, such as a dark bowl of water, a crystal ball or a large labradorite stone nearby.
- If contacting a specific deceased family member, have an item that a deceased beloved relative owned or gave you. Keep this item nearby or on your lap during the ritual.
- Old World Witchcraft Oracle Ritual Blend
- 1 Old World Ritual Candle (to extend the ritual and prolong communication, have a couple extra candles on hand just in case!)
- Mugwort Smudge Bundle - Divination & Communication
- Fireproof surface.
Step 1: Warm up an Old World Ritual Candle between the palm of your hands. The wax needs to be warm enough to easily adhere about 1/2 teaspoon of the Oracle Ritual Blend. It is crucial that the ritual blend adheres and burns throughout the ritual! Light the candle as you audibly welcome the ancestor into your space. Welcome them as if they are about to enter your home. Say their name, say you have missed them and that you wish to communication with them.