Third Eye Ritual Kit: Divination & Psychic Development - Choose Your Smudging Tool (3 Rituals)
Old World Witchcraft Third Ritual Kit for opening and developing your third eye. Assists with psychic development and building intuitive senses. In addition, it can be used for discovering the truth in a particular hidden situation or secretive person. May be used in conjunction with scrying or tarot cards, as well as in spellwork.
Third Eye Ritual Kit includes:
Printed Ritual Instructions
See below for in-depth product information and ritual instructions.
Ritual Kit Details
Third Eye Opening Ritual
Other Oracle Ritual Blend Uses
1 Old World Witchcraft Oracle Ritual Blend
For discovering the truth in a particular hidden situation or secretive person. Assists with psychic development. May be used in conjunction with scrying or tarot cards, as well as in spellwork. Attracts helpful spirits.
- Proprietary, time-tested Old World Witchcraft blend of 100% organic and responsibly wild-harvested herbs, roots and resins. (no fillers!)
- Packaged in a thick glass 2 oz jar. Reusable and recyclable.
- Environmentally-friendly cork cap allows for secure longterm storage.
Moonstone has traditionally been used to develop psychic abilities and increase overall energetic awareness. It is a stone of new beginnings and it's iridescent nature is reminiscent of the waning and waxing moon. Sleeping next to a Moonstone can induce lucid dreaming, particularly during the Full Moon. Additionally, carrying it on a daily basis is said to ease emotions.
- Each stone is roughly a 3/4"-1" tumble stone, smoothly polished.
- Colors range from pure white with black streaks, to pure black with white stripes, to brown-white with strong blue iridescent stripes (see pictures).
- We take great pleasure in reaching into our black Moonstone jar to intuitively find the perfect stone just for your order. However, if you have a color preference, please let us know at checkout and we will do our best to accommodate your color request.
12 Old World Ritual Candles
The essential candles for Old World Witchcraft. May be used solo or braided with additional candles and herbs as part of spellwork. Pure beeswax absorbs and expands energy incredibly well, which is why we use 100% beeswax candles for all spellwork. These candles do not require a candleholder, as they are lightweight and their waxiness allows them to stay upright on a horizontal surface with minimal application pressure.
- 100% beeswax, 100% biodegradable
- Approximately 6 inches tall, 1/5 inch wide.
- Candles should be rolled in desired Ritual Herbs prior to burning.
- Burn time is between 20 -45 minutes, which depends entirely on the environment, energy of the ritual as well as the addition of herbs.
- These candles do not require candleholders.
Your Choice of One of the Following:
Mugwort: Divination & Communication
Wild-harvested Mugwort smudge stick assists with divination and communication - both within our physical world as well as the spiritual world. In addition, may be used to seek assistance from helpful spirits and ancestors.
- Can be used before or during spellwork. Light one end of the Mugwort smudge stick and allow to burn 10-15 seconds. Gently blow to put out the flame.
- This is a very strong, powerful herb and does not need to be burned fully during each session. Burn and extinguish as needed. Simply burn 1/2" to 1" at a time, then firmly push down the smoldering ashes into the fireproof bowl.
- Sold individually. Each Mugwort smudge stick is approximately 4" long.
- Not recommended for those sensitive to pungent smoke.
Premium Palo Santo: Blessing & Purification
The botanical cousin of Frankincense, this ancient South American Palo Santo wood incense can be used to bless and purify your body, your spirit and your personal space.
- Palo Santo is an easy, soothing smudging tool to draw healthy, productive and blissful energy before and after spellwork.
- Simply light one end, allow the flame to build for about 15-20 seconds (until small embers form) and gently blow out the flame. Place the Palo Santo stick upright in a fireproof bowl. Hold the fireproof bowl with both hands and walk clockwise around your private space, allowing the smoke to gently envelop each corner of your home. Pay special attention to mirrors, windows, doors and all reflective surfaces.
- These Palo Santo sticks are incredibly fragrant and are obtained strictly through sustainable harvest methods.
- Each pack comes with at least two Palo Santo incense sticks (sometimes 3 smaller sticks), each approximately 4" in length.
The spell below will assist with opening your third eye, including strengthening your clairaudience (to hear), clairvoyance (to know), and clairsentience (to sense).
As you perform each step of the spell, you awaken each sensory experience and consciously form a connection with the spiritual realm.
This spell can be done when wanting to receive an answer about a specific problem or question, or this spell can be done simply to open oneself to all psychic senses. As part of personal growth and expansion, I recommend trying this spell both ways, as this will give you great perspective and will lead to more third-eye opening experiences.
Best Time to Perform:
- You may perform this spell during any moon phase, preferably at twilight.
- If focusing on developing communication with the departed, the Dark Moon will be the most powerful time.
You Will Need:
- 4 Old World Ritual Candles
- Oracle Ritual Blend: Discover Truth & Psychic Development
- Mugwort Smudge Stick - Divination & Communication
- Mugwort assists with divination and communication - both within our physical world as well as the spiritual world. Although Mugwort is the a very potent and powerful plant, it does not smell very good when burning. If you are particularly sensitive, I suggest using Premium Palo Santo - Blessing & Purification instead.
- Small earthenware bowl of spring drinking water
- Glass of good wine that you enjoy. If you do not consume wine, you may choose a flavorful tea instead. The key here is the substance must be stimulating to the senses.
- Small bell
- Matches or lighter
- Fireproof surface, such as a stone or metal tray.
Third Eye Ritual Instructions
Find a comfortable space where you will not be disturbed. Have some ambient lighting nearby, such as a couple of brightly burning candles. Sit down with all your items out in front of you on the table/altar and breathe deeply. Concentrate on exactly what you would like to achieve. Feel the psychic ability and awareness that is already within you. Imagine your intuition becoming crystal clear.
Feel confident with your choice of opening your third eye and welcoming the newfound knowledge of the mystical realm. Know that the sacred knowledge of the spiritual realm is already within. You just have to open yourself to it. You are now simply giving yourself permission to now see that which you once could not. And yes, it is a conscious decision.
For this ritual, I like to sit in a lotus position. I imagine a root growing out of the ground and climbing up my spine. This anchors me to the Earth, evolves my root chakra and allows me to form a physical connection with the spiritual.
Step 1: While staying in the feeling place of welcoming the opening of your third eye, hold the four Old World Ritual Candles between the palms of your hands, gently rolling them back and forth. Pure absorbs and expands energy like no other substance, which is why we use 100% beeswax candles for all spellwork. Feel the candles absorbing your personal energy. The Old World Ritual beeswax candles will slowly heat up from the warmth of your hands. As you're rolling the candles between your hands, begin quietly chanting:
“I openly invoke my intuition."
Within a couple of minutes, you will feel the the space between your eyebrows begin to gently throb. (If you are not already familiar with your third eye, it is about the size of a coin and is just above the space between your eyebrows.) You may get bright mental flashes of light and you will get a very slight ringing in your ears.
As soon as you feel your third eye begin to gently throb, swiftly proceed to the next step.
Step 2: Place the candles on the fireproof ritual surface and sprinkle them with about 1/2 teaspoon of the Oracle Ritual Blend. Please note, more is not better! These are very powerful substances and you need to use them wisely and with great care!
Step 3: Gather the 4 candles in your hand, make sure they are lined up evenly. While holding the bottom of the candles, begin to gently twist start from the top. The motion is similar to wringing out wet laundry. Fists twisting in opposite directions.
The bottoms (or legs) of the candles should be untwisted for the last one inch of the candles. Spread each of the candle legs to 4 opposing sides, forming a self-contained base.
Pick up the bell, ring it gently and exclaim 9 times:
“I hear intuition”
Step 5: Hold your right hand over your glass of wine and exclaim 9 times:
“I taste intuition”
Now take a sip of the wine. Or two...
Step 6: Light the smudge stick of your choice and comfortably inhale the aroma and exclaim:
“I smell intuition”
Step 7: Pick up the moonstone and drop it into the bowl of water, exclaim:
“I feel intuition”
Step 8: Place the bowl of water alongside the candle, so that the flame of the candle is reflected in the water. You may have to adjust your seating to be able to view this properly, but you must be able to see the flame reflected in the water. This is a very important step for 2 reasons:
1) As the energy that is permeating from the Ritual Blend herbs, roots and resins will need to be absorbed by the water.
2) You will be using the flame reflected in the water as a divination tool.
Step 9: Sit in silence, staring at the reflection of the flame in the bowl of water. Your gaze should soften and become out of focus. Your own senses of sight and sound will drown out for just a few seconds. Feel your third eye chakra contract and expand. You may suddenly get the chills and feel as though something (or someone) has walked into the room. This is perfectly normal.
At this stage you have TWO options:
1) Allow the candles to burn down fully.
2) Divination! Ask a question to the spirit world or your higher self (whichever feels most appropriate or natural to you). Stare at the flame reflected in the water. Notice both the flame and the water begin to change - the movement of the flame, the sparks, a sudden movement in water. Pay close attention to the impressions your minds eye receives. The mental images. The mental sounds. Sudden ideas or expressions that aren't "your own" (often in phrasing or language that is different from yours). Once the candle fully burns down, hold the water bowl with both hands and exclaim:
“I hear intuition. I taste intuition. I smell intuition. I feel intuition.”
Now drink the entire bowl of water (this is why it should be a small bowl).
Step 10: The moonstone should be placed on your nightstand and should be held while meditating, using your tarot cards or any other form of divination.
The spellwork remnants (candle wax and herbs) should be buried in your backyard or at the base of a healthy tree. Note: All Old World Witchcraft products are 100% biodegradable and organic or wild-harvested. No petroleum or additives of any kind. Perfectly environmentally responsible.
Here's where things get interesting... As you have now physically consumed the energy of this spell (through the water), the energy of this spell will continue working and existing within the cells of your physical body. Your psychic senses will dramatically heighten immediately and will stay with you for at least a few days.
When dealing with people, you will notice you will quickly know their thoughts, intentions and actions. If attending a funeral or wake of a loved one, you will likely hear echoes of the departed and experience dream visitations. When walking into a room, your heightened senses will allow you to pick up energetically what occurred in the space before your presence.
Although this may seem extremely draining at first, you will quickly find great joy and practical use in this newfound magickal knowledge.
In addition to divination, this Oracle Ritual Blend attracts helpful spirits, particularly ancestral spirits. If wanting to communicate with a deceased relative, dust an Old World Ritual Candle with the Oracle Ritual Blend and place next to their photo. If possible, have an item that they owned or gave you nearby, as well as their favorite food or drink as an offering. Quietly ask their spirit to come join you and begin asking them questions, as you would in the physical form. Start writing down any mental impressions, sounds, scents or ideas that come through your mind. Don't overthink them in the moment, simply start writing. It will all make sense in time.